What is the playground?
MicroStrategy REST API Playground is a place you can see live demos of our REST API, API specifications, and code examples. You can also play with it without writing a single line of code.
This GitHub Page provides the instructions for you to set up and start to use it. You can access the playground at https://www.postman.com/microstrategysdk. If you are not familiar Postman interface, be sure to check out the documentation on Postman's learning center.
There are two collections in the workspace:
- MicroStrategy REST API: Use it as API Documentation. It contains examples and built-in scripts to save the context information after some requests, such as
- MicroStrategy REST API Workflows: It contains workflow examples. You can pick a folder and run all the requests.
You need to pick an environment to run the requests. There are two environments shipped:
- demo.microstrategy.com: It contains the connection information to the demo environment. A guest user only has limited assess to the environment, hence not all requests will pass.
- A template for cloud environment. You can make a copy and change the connection information.
Other useful information
- If you are interested in Embedded Analytics solutions, play with our Embedding SDK Playground at https://playground.microstrategy.com.
- You can also visit our Swagger API-Docs page or in your Library environment.
- Check out more examples and demos here.
How to contribute?
You can be a part of the playground project in the following ways.